Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Date with FOUR firemen

Saturday I decided it was time to get out of my apartment and go outside (I've been home sick for an entire week).

So I took a shower and headed off to the library to pick up a San Francisco book for my upcoming trip. It was seriously like a 100 degrees outside and by the time I made it to the library (less than a 10 min walk) I was beginning to feel a bit off. I felt very dizzy and like I was going to faint any minute (sadly, I know exactly what it feels like).

I sat down by the librarian's desk and asked for some water. Then I really thought I was going to pass out, so ended up laying down on the floor.

The librarian panicked and said she will call the firefighters (their station is adjacent to the library). So a few minutes later in walk 4 firefighters to save me :)

They took my vitals and said everything was normal but asked if I'd still like to go to the hospital: I declined. They also quietly asked if there was a chance I was pregnant: right!

Anyways, I had to ask them to give me a ride home because as sad as it is, I had no one to call and was too afraid of walking back in such hot water. So I rode home in a fire truck with four firemen! Super exciting. One of them was actually cute and did not have a wedding band, but I did not feel I made the greatest impression :)

Anyways, thank you firefighters!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's hilarious Olga. And I am so jealous.