Monday, August 13, 2007


Was chatting with Nicole today and learned a new word: verklempt.
She was surprised I did not know what it meant since the word is Yuiddish :)

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: overcome with emotion; clenched; also written ferklempt
Etymology: Yiddish

Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.7)
Copyright © 2003-2007 Lexico Publishing Group, LLC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First and only time I've heard "verklempt" was from Saturday Night Live on "Coffee Talk with Linda Richman"