Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dinner: Asian Vegetable & Tofu Soup

Have you read my Asian Chicken Soup blog? Well, I thought it was a really good recipe, but wanted to make something slightly different for dinner this time. Plus, I had a container of tofu. I searched for a quick recipe and found Thai Vegetable Tofu Soup: Perfect!

Ingredients:
4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cans of chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
2 cups of water
14 oz of firm tofu drained and cut into cubes
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 inch ginger
4 cups vegetables (I used broccoli, mushrooms, green pepper, and water chestnut)
cilantro

Directions:

1) Heat oil in a soup pot, add garlic and cook until lightly brown

2) Add soy sauce and let bubble for a few minutes. Add chicken stock, water and a piece of ginger; bring to a boil.

3) Add vegetables and tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the vegetables to be.

4) Remove a piece of ginger from the soup and serve, garnished with cilantro.

5) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used one of your cooking tips last night! I have made cornmeal crusted chicken in the past and have liked it but thought the crust needed a little more flavor. Wrll, I took your dorito idea and combined crushed doritos and cornmeal. Super yumm!