Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dinner: a can of salmon

I came home tonight after picking up my free gift at Nordstrom and only had a short amount of time to make dinner before going dancing. In addition, I haven't gone grocery shopping since Sunday, and I hardly bought anything during that trip.

I did however have a can of salmon and a few other ingredients that would make excellent salmon cakes. That's exactly what I did.

Directions:

1. saute red onion, celery and garlic in a little bit of olive oil (you can also use green or red pepper, carrots, etc.)

2. drain a can of skinless, boneless salmon and mix with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and a few crackers (put them first in a Ziploc bag and hit a few times with a saucepan to make "bread" crumbs)

3. add sauted vegetables to the salmon mixture and mix together

4. form the mixture into small patties and cook in olive oil for a few minutes on each side

No comments: