Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dinner: Indian Eggplant Bhurtha

Last week I bought an eggplant, a can of coconut milk and Silken tofu. I was planning on making curry, but Aafreen told me that in Indian cuisine you don't mix eggplant with coconut milk, so I had to come up with another idea.

This time, instead of making up my own recipe, I found Indian Eggplant Bhurtha on All Recipes website. This was a super easy recipe and came out unbelievably good! It was hard not to go for seconds. The only change I made to the recipe was the addition of cubed tofu. I would absolutely do it again.

Just some of the spices! Look at the colors: the flavors were just as vibrant. An awesome way to cook an eggplant: you rub it with oil and then broil it for about 30 min turning it so often. The skin came off so easily!
Inside of the cooked eggplant.
Deliciousness!
Next on the menu: I am going to make another Indian dish: cauliflower with peas! Look for recipes and pictures soon :)

No comments: