Monday, February 11, 2008

Back home

Yesterday I flew to Seattle to visit my family and friends. Here is what I learned on my journey:

1) The airport in Charlotte, NC has white rocking chairs in the waiting areas: super nice!
2) 6-hour flights are hard to handle

3) 6-hour flights are even harder to handle when there is a woman sitting behind you, who keeps on ordering alcoholic beverages becoming drunk(er) by a minute, who befriends a stewardess and would not shut up for a minute

4) my heart drops when I think that no one is there to meet me (the situation gets resolved quickly and my dad is there momentarily)

5) I have no idea how I ever slept on a twin bed

6) It's super weird not having Misha in the house

7) I love cable TV (okay, I already knew that, but still)
8) My "diet" is so out of the door!

Tonight Anna and I went to 3 different stores to buy groceries to make 12 recipes for Robyn Webb. Tonight we made fruit salad, blackberry upside down cake and salmon with Swiss chard.

2 comments:

The Poor Dispositionist said...

Hmmm...did you guys blanch the Kale? It looks like it has lost all its green.

Anonymous said...

I love the rocking chairs in Charlotte!! - Melissa