Monday, February 18, 2008

Dinner inspired by Rachael Ray

Rachael Ray? Yes, I'm not her biggest fan, but once in a while I do watch the show and sometimes I even think: "hmm, that could be good!"

I flew from Seattle today and just as I was lacking sleep, my refrigerator was lacking food.

But, I had just enough ingredients to make polenta inspired by one of Rachael Ray's recipes. With a few adjustments, I made polenta using frozen home-made (!!!) chicken stock, fresh oregano*, parmesan cheese*, and chipotle peppers in adobe. To go along with polenta I made a quick salad using bibb lettuce*, walnut oil*, red onion, fresh dill, and a few splashes of balsamic vinegar.

Quite good!
*** left overs from testing Robyn's recipes...I'm amazed they lasted an entire week in my refrigerator!

No comments: