Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dinner: white and green

Plans change sometimes. However, when it comes to food, I'm better at dealing with these changes.

After eating out 3 times yesterday, I thought I should make something lighter for dinner and planned on cooking scallops. However, the scallops at the store were of questionable quality: I decided to go with tilapia. Thus, white and green dinner was born :)

Salad: lettuce, sliced cucumbers, thinly sliced green onions and cubed avocado.
Dressing: olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper, a few splashes of raspberry blush vinegar and a bit of sweet chili pepper sauce.
Fish: saute tilapia in a bit of butter. When the fish is done, take it out of the pan, add a bit of butter, a few tablespoons of white wine and capers. Heat.

To serve, toss the salad with the dressing, place tilapia on top and spoon some of the sauce on top of the fish. LOVED IT!

Sorry, no pictures. I was too hungry.

No comments: