Friday, March 28, 2008

Lunch at The Source

Stacey and I went out for lunch today to The Source, Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in the new Newseum, to be open on April 11th. The occasion? Our birthdays! This was honestly one of the best meals I've had in quite a while, and so much better than our previous joint lunches at Oya and Charlie Palmer.

First Course
Asparagus Soup with lump crab (or was it lobster?) and roasted onions
(The online menu did not include this. Absolutely divine! And quite a big portion for an appetizer soup)

Main Course
“American Style” Kobe Burger, Smoked Onion Marmalade, Herb Aioli and Fries
(Pretty much the best burger I've ever had...maybe except for the mini burgers at Matchbox! Perfectly juicy; the onion marmalade added a great note of sweetness, and the bun was toasted. I have 1/2 of it saved for an afternoon snack.)

Dessert
Chocolate Purse With Vanilla & Chocolate Swirl
(I'm so glad I listened to Stacey ordered my own dessert instead of splitting: we would have completely fought over it. The chocolate oozed out from the little pouch made from the thinnest pastry dough imaginable and was accompanied by icecream.)

Here's to many more fun lunches out with good friends enjoying great food! Thanks, Wolfgang :)

No comments: