Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Big Rewards

Last week was Spring Break, and there was no Everybody Wins mentoring. Instead, I went out to lunch with Ashley. It's strange, how after mentoring for only a month, I missed seeing N*, my mentee, and reading with her: it quickly became a wonderfully rewarding break in the middle of my week. Today we had our "reunion." N was really glad to see me, and we had quite a successful reading hour. I was so proud of her when she was able to finish reading a few sentences without my help.

I made her note-cards with some of the words she still has trouble reading, and really hope her parents will help her to memorize them. I can't imagine how difficult it must be not to be able to read! Think of all the things you'd be missing out.

*I am not sure if I'm supposed to keep her identity confidential

No comments: