Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dinner: Roasted Salad & Salmon Cake

What's for dinner? Seems like this is a daily question nowadays. I went to the grocery store with an idea of making a sweet potato salad with tomatoes, olives, feta and cucumbers. But then I saw a bag of four red peppers on sale for $2.50 and changed my mind.

I bought two bags of red peppers, "roasted" them under the broiler for 30 minutes. I then took a bag of frozen sweet corn (thanks, Paige!), microwaved it for 3 minutes and finished cooking it in a pan with a bit of oil. I then added in fresh watercress, a bit of oil, salt & pepper and raspberry vinegar. Salad done!

I also bought a can of salmon (skinless & boneless), added an egg, some breadcrumbs, chili powder, coriander powder, garlic powder, fresh parsley and chopped onion. I cooked the patties for a few minutes on each side and put one in between an English muffin smothered with mayo.

1 comment:

Valeria said...

I've had a tequila lime salmon burger last weekend, it was delish