Friday, May 30, 2008

Flowers & Superstition

The world can be a stressful place. There are wars, homeless people, natural disasters, etc. Sometimes it's good to take a moment and smell the roses: literally! Below are pictures of a few roses I bought. Gorgeous, right?

I used a bottle from Pom Tea as a vase and noticed that I had four roses in it. That's something I would not have done a few years ago: I grew up with a superstition that you could only have an odd number of flowers in a vase. Also, you could not cut your hair or nails on a Sunday, or cross a street that was crossed by a black cat without spitting over your shoulder. Over the last few years, I've thrown those superstitions out of the window (or door?). What is left, are four pretty roses, all happily sharing one vase.

No comments: