Sunday, July 6, 2008

Jewelry making in Seattle

Last weekend in New York City, I bought a green necklace for $10 at a "garage sale." I should have taken a picture of the original, but I'll describe it instead: just green graduated stones with golden beads in between. There was no way I was going to wear it as is.

Instead, yesterday Anna and I went to a beading store in Seattle and bought supplies to make several projects. Below is the double-strand bracelet I made from the necklace (will most likely make matching earrings later):

The second project was using the blue glass beads Paige sent me from Atlanta. I was inspired by an example of earrings at the beading store and made little dangling blue earrings with faux pearls. Thanks, Paige!!!

P.S. Anna was instrumental in helping me find little purple glass beads for the double-strand bracelet.

1 comment:

BlueToYou said...

beautiful :)