Tuesday, January 27, 2009

National Mentoring Month

For the last year I have been mentoring/tutoring N through Power Lunch program. Some weeks are better than others. Sometimes I find the entire experience frustrating, stressful and thankless. Other times, I am so happy when N is able to read a word, finish a paragraph or finish an entire book.

Today, N was in one of her better moods. That's why I was surprised when she was called into the office with the other students during our reading session. Then, one by one, the kids came out of the office hiding something behind their backs! We were very intrigued. That's when they gave their respective mentors a flower and a thank you note! Turns out January is a National Mentoring Month! What a nice treat.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

How lovely!!! Do you mentor with a national program? I need to do something here.

Dianne said...

what a lovely gift, so pretty

kudos for being a mentor

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Wonderful Flower!

I would like to see you every week in TODAYS FLOWERS

Luiz

Agatha P said...

Greeat read