Thursday, January 15, 2009

Say What???

I feel like it's been ages since I've posted one of my "Say What???" stories...not sure if my life has been boring, or I just did not feel like writing. What happened last night, however, definitely made me think of "Say What???"

The scene: The Studio Theater in Washington DC
The time: around 9:30 pm
The players: me, Jason, people in line to the men's bathroom
Say What??? Theresa, Jason and I attended a superb play last night at the Studio Theater. It is called Dai, which in Hebrew means Enough. After the play, I could not believe my eyes when I saw there was a line to the men's bathroom! When does that ever happen? I came over to Jason and said "Maybe I should take a picture?" (I actually had my camera in my bag because earlier I took some photographs at the Ben's Chili Bowl.) But I wasn't actually serious about taking a photo of random men standing in line to go to the bathroom.

Just then, the man standing in front of Jason turned around and told me "Just make sure to take the photo after I leave." I thought he was joking, although his tone was a bit unfriendly. I decided to brush off his comment and answered "Or you can just turn around." He then became rather irate and said "Or you can just not take the photo!!!" I honestly thought he might have lashed out at me! At that point I muttered "J.C." and removed myself from the situation.

I must admit, I was rather tempted to go back and stand in front of the door with my camera in hand to take the photo of the jerk just as he was leaving the restroom. But then I did not want to risk my safety, as the guy would obviously not have understood the joke.

2 comments:

BlueToYou said...

what a loser. sorry o! but still kinda funny a guy would be so pissy about it.

Jennifer said...

Hmm... I wonder if he was some kind of top secret guy? Interesting!