Wednesday, July 11, 2007

RECIPES: Chicken....Doritos? (6/26/07)

It's been a known fact that I'm not the best person to cook chicken. It usually turns out rather dry, overcooked and a friend's husband still reminds me that when I was still in High School I served chicken that was bloody inside.

A few months ago I found an easy recipe that works every time: put chicken breasts in a Pyrex dish, cover with cream of mushroom soup and bake according to the directions on the can. Perfect!

Last week I was at the grocery store and chicken breasts were on sale, but I did not feel like doing the mushroom soup recipe and THEN I SAW A BAG OF DORITOS!

Now I absolutely love Doritos, especially the cheese ones! Then I had a lightbulb moment: I remembered when I cooked pork chops encrusted in Doritos and how well that turned out and decided to do the same with chicken breasts.Ingredients:doritoseggchicken breastssalt & pepperoilrosemary (or other herbs)

Directions:

1. In a medium shallow bowl beat an egg with a little bit of water, salt and pepper (I also added minced fresh Rosemary)

2. In a shallow plate crush Doritos (I used the cheese variety)

3. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan

4. Put a chicken breast in a bowl with egg wash, then drench in Doritos

5. Repeat with all remaining chicken breasts

6. Put chicken breasts in the pan and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Then add a little bit of water in the pan (I also added a bit of white wine), cover, and cook for about 6 more minutes.

7. Serve and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: