Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dinner: Butternut Squash Ravioli

This "recipe" came about in the same way most of my other recipes are "born." There was butternut squash on sale and I decided to make pureed soup and bought some heavy cream to enrich it. Then, while trying to fall asleep, an excellent idea came to me: why not make butternut squash ravioli instead?

I had leftover wanton wrappers from the dinner I made with Paige (Asian Chicken wantons) and decided to use them instead of making my own dough :)


Filling: roasted and pured squash, salt, pepper, fresh tarragon & cream

Place a spoonful of filling on a wanton

Put the second wanton on top, seal using H2O as glue & reinforce w/a fork

Now you have ravioli ready to be boiled!

Boil the ravioli (gently) for about 3-4 minutes

Remove with a slotted spoon and enjoy!

Notes:
* I think my idea was better than the execution
* You can also make ravioli with other fillings: ricotta cheese, meat, minced vegetables, etc.
* I wonder if putting a raw egg in the filling would have helped to keep it all together
* I'm still glad I've tried it out :)

No comments: