Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dinner: healthy and sinful (a bit)

This has been quite a busy weekend, and tonight for dinner I just wanted something really easy but satisfying. It also had to be light because when I assisted with a Mexican class at Sur La Table, there were plenty of leftovers: I wasn't too hungry. Unfortunately, that never stops me from eating.

On the menu: vegetable medley and strawberries with whipped cream.

Vegetable medley: thinly slice one yellow zucchini, a quarter of red onion, a few garlic cloves, green onions, one tomato (remove the seeds), and separate a head of broccoli into small floretes. Heat some olive oil in a pan and add onions with garlic. Saute. Add zucchini and broccoli. After the vegetables are pretty much cooked through, add tomatoes, a few splashes of soy sauce, and a few teaspoons of Sweet Chili Sauce. Cook for a few minutes and serve garnished with sliced green onions.

Strawberries: slice fresh strawberries, "garnish" with whipped cream and for a bit more flavor, add shaved chocolate (I used one of my favorite tools: microplane). Enjoy!

No comments: