Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dancing with the Stars

I love Dancing with the Stars and haven't missed a single episode! Of course the fact that Maksim Chmerkovskiy is such a hottie doesn't hurt.

Coincidentally, the show is on Mondays, the night I go salsa dancing at Lucky Bar. It is at Lucky Bar that I often feel like a star. After 5 years of dancing, I'm pretty good (in fact, people often think I'm a Latina), but being good doesn't count unless I am dancing with someone who is either at my level or better.

This past Monday was one of those magical nights when I danced with four of my favorite dancers! I love dancing with different guys because each one has a different style, allowing me to learn new moves. One of them, I should have asked for his name, is just awesome! His moves are inventive, unpredictable, artistic and never boring. You can tell he dances from the heart and hasn't simply memorized a few moves taught in a class. When I dance with him, we are totally in sync and I feel like we are on a stage with everyone's eyes on us; I just wish someone could tape us dancing so that I could see what others see when they look at us dance.

When I dance with my favorite guys, especially when it's to the songs that I love, I feel like I'm flying! It's one of the best feelings ever.

Here's to more dancing!!!

No comments: