Thursday, November 1, 2007

Reflections

I just finished reading The Devil in the Kitchen, and one particular sentence (or two) struck me.

You know how we usually say that other people enrich our lives? Well, in the book, Marco Pierre White talked quite a bit about great friendships that have dissolved for one reason or another, and this is what he had to say about Gordon Ramsay: "I decided my life would be enriched if I saw no more of him. It’s unlikely we shall ever know each other again. When I cut, I cut.”

I guess sometimes our lives can be better without certain people around. And that's okay. Because hopefully we'll meet others that will enrich us in a different way.

This also reminds me of something Alyssa told me.

People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime.


Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you were/are a reason, a season or a lifetime relationship.

No comments: