Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dinner: Another quick and easy idea!

I only had an hour and a half tonight to get home, make dinner, eat, put on my makeup, get dressed and meet Paige at the Kennedy Center for The Queen of Spades, performed by the Kirov Opera.

Not only was my time limited, but I also had a limited supply of food in my refrigerator.
Here is what I made: potato and pepper Spanish tortilla.
1) cut 2 small potatoes (I used my food processor to make sure all the slices were super thin and uniform)
2) cook the potatoes in olive oil and season with salt and pepper
3) add one yellow pepper cut into strips (or it can be red, cut into cubes, or green beans, or whatever else you have on hand) and fresh oregano
4) mix together 5 eggs with a bit of water (or milk, if you have it), add a bit more salt and shredded cheese
4) once the potatoes and peppers are pretty much cooked through, pour the egg mixture over them. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and let it cook until the mixture is set.
5) then slip the tortilla on the plate and then flip it back into the pan to firm up what used to be the top of the tortilla (if I had more time, I would have put more cheese on it and put it under the broiler, but alas...)
6) Cut into wedges and serve!




P.S. Paige and I only managed to see the first act of the Opera. The set design and the costumes were gorgeous, the singing was beautiful, and I could understand most of it without reading the English translation (the singing was in Russian). We just could not bear the thought of staying for two more acts, which would have lasted another 3 hours ;)

No comments: