Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Darker IS Better...but not always.

Of course I am talking about chocolate!

One of my favorite chocolate treats are Ferrero Rocher: a creamy, crunchy milk chocolate with hazelnut delight in the middle. The same company makes Nutella!


Imagine, if you will, how thrilled I was when last week I saw a new version of the candy: Ferrero Rondnoir: a unique combination of a dark chocolate cream surrounding a "black pearl" of fine dark chocolate, within a delicate, crisp wafer topped with crunchy dark chocolate morsels.

I love dark chocolate. For me, it absolutely beats any other type of chocolate, so I had to try out the new Ferrero Roundnoir. As my dinner is bubbling happily on the stove, I decided to have a treat. And you know what? I prefer the original version! The new one is definitely uniquely dark, but the hazelnut is missing from the equation, and for some reason, the "crunchy dark chocolate morsels" enveloping the candy reminded me of Oreo (and not in a good way).

Of course I will finish the other 11 candies in the pack, but from now on I'll stick to the original, at least when it comes to Ferrero.

No comments: