Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sadness: Russians did not win

This Saturday, Paige and I went to see a screening of animated shorts and action shorts nominated for Oscars. Opportunities like this one always remind me of how lucky I am to live in DC (and it was free).

Alas, the Russian animated short, My Love, did not win. But it was absolutely beautiful and enchanting. Unfortunately, whoever translated it, did a poor job. Wonder how I could get into that business!

From the action shorts, my favorite one was Tanghi Argentini because dancing was one of the themes and because of the surprising ending. At Night made me cry. The short that won, Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets), was absolutely adorable, humorous, sentimental and, compared to the other films in the category, "normal."

No comments: