Sunday, March 23, 2008

Two reasons I love Whole Foods

Anna and I are in Philadelphia this weekend, celebrating out b-day a week early. I'll write a full recap in a few days.

Today on the way to our hotel from the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we decided to stop by Whole Foods for a quick snack. The first thing I saw was an orchid! There was no turning back :) I am now a proud owner of my fifth orchid: it's absolutely gorgeous: has 5 flowers and 6 more buds. And if I was successful in bringing an orchid from Florida, I'm sure I'll be just fine bringing this one on the train with me. And, no, I'm not naming it.
I then wanted to get Dove dark chocolate, because I loved it when Jenn bought it for me. I asked a cute Whole Foods employee if they had it; unfortunately they did not. But he suggested a few other dark chocolate bars and even let me take one for free. What's not to love???

1 comment:

Valeria said...

Uptight Seattleite says:
Because Dove is owned by M&M/Mars, they are not good enough to be on the Whole Foods shelves. I'd highly recommend Green&Black's or Endangered Species chocolates. And, if you don't mind spending a little bit more, try Theo Origin Bars: http://www.theochocolate.com/products/

By the way, have you ever read Uptight Seattleite columns? They are hilarious. Check this one out:
http://www.seattleweekly.com/columns/284118/