Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 for 2

Stacey does it again!

I needed to wake up, so we decided to get coffee across the street. But then I changed my mind and thought maybe I should get a salad instead. Stacey recommended Fiesta Salad from Starbucks (White Chicken with fire roasted corn, black beans, salsa, smoked sweet paprika, olive oil, cilantro and cumin, topped with red grape tomatoes and fresh lime wedge). And just like the BBQ chicken salad from California Tortilla, this one was a great recommendation!

I might actually try replicating it at home. Apparently the original version of the salad had avocado, but now with the price of avocados increasing, Starbucks decided to take them out and add cherry tomatoes instead. I think they should consider adding some sort of ranch dressing (ooh the calories!).

Thanks, Stacey :)

P.S. I ended up getting a Diet Pepsi: hopefully the caffeine will kick in soon and the chemicals will not do too much damage to my body.

No comments: