Sunday, May 4, 2008

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Sigh...I am so tired of grocery shopping. So today for lunch I decided to just use what I have and make Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.

Filling: cooked quinoa, sauteed onions, celery and mushrooms (I used dried shitake mushrooms, which I rehydrated...thanks Anna!); salt, cumin powder and a bit of chili powder.

I did not have canned tomatoes, so used a can of tomato soup which I diluted with water on the bottom of the pyrex dish. I then partially cooked green peppers in some boiling water, and stuffed them with the quinoa mixture.

I cooked the peppers at 375F for about 30 minutes, but you can leave them in for a bit longer...I was running out of time. I served the peppers with sourcream and Monterey Jack cheese.

Sorry, no pictures of the final product.

No comments: