Monday, June 16, 2008

Leftovers from Farmers' Market

I was planning on going grocery shopping after work and making dinner. Mother Nature had other plans: it was raining, and I did not want to get soaked.

I had to make dinner with whatever was in my refrigerator. And you know what? The dinner turned out pretty darn good!

Saute garlic scape with yellow squash in some hot oil (I used the oil from a jar of spicy olives). Season with salt. Once the vegetables are almost done, add the beets' greens. Saute a few more minutes. Season again with salt if necessary, and serve over bulghur. Done!


Notes: Sauteed garlic scape tastes almost like sauteed green beans or asparagus: delicious!

P.S. This is the second time I've cooked bulghur. I came up with a little trick: put uncooked bulghur in a fine sieve, cover with hot water, and once the bulghur is cooked, you can press it with your hand or a wooden spoon to get rid of the access water. Fluff with a fork, and you are done!

No comments: