Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wine & Food with Lera in Seattle

Today was such a lovely day: the weather was sunny and warm, and Anna and I got to hang out with our good friend Lera, who we haven't seen in a year.

Lera planned a fun packed day of wine tasting and good food: no way to go wrong with that.

We started at the Chateau Ste Michelle with free wine tour and free wine tasting: my favorite was Muscat Canelli: sweet and smooth.

We then headed to the Novelty Hill Januik winery. The building where the wine tasting took place was stunning: modern design, light wood, glass, cement walls, exposed ceilings: something reminiscent of a New York City loft. They had four wine tastings for the price of $5. Unfortunately, only two were whites: what I was interested in. The lady working at the winery was super nice and let me have them for free (score!).

This was the first time I've heard and tasted the late harvest wine (thank you, Lera!!!): it was fantastic: cold, sweet, and syrupy!


The wine started to go to my head, but we had one more stop: Silver Lake Winery. The man working at the winery recommended I have 6 tastings for the price of $5 because two were whites, one was rose, and the other 3 were relatively mild. My favorite one was Chenin Blanc. Perhaps if we have time this weekend, we can go to their free sangria tasting!

And then it was time for food. I'll update you on that after a nap :)

No comments: