Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The last few days: Freebies, Hard Work, Etc.

Over the last few days I received two freebies: Jenny sent me a pair of brown sandals that I've always liked and she no longer wears, and Cindy gave me 3 canister of loose tea. Love the free stuff.

Yesterday I went over to Cindy's to help her peel off the wallpaper in her kitchen. People: if you ever entertain a thought of wallpapering your apartment/condo/house, do not! It was super difficult and frustrating to do, but somewhat rewarding when we saw at least some of the "naked" wall. The job is not nearly done, and, sadly, yesterday was the only time I had free to help out. The nice thing about doing manual labor is that your (my) brain wasn't preoccupied with thoughts about my increasing rent, decisions to be made about what to do as I'm approaching 30, planning a trip to Montreal, etc.

Today Jenn and I are going to Farrah Olivia for Restaurant Week: really looking forward to it.

And that's my update.

1 comment:

BlueToYou said...

i like the woordle. don't worry so much about what will happen in two years :) by then you could become a famous blogger and be able to quit your job and meet a fabulous millionare while vacationing in Monaco.