Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh how perfectly this describes me!!!

Here's a passage from Twilight, a book Stacey highly recommended and lent to me.

That had always been my way, though. Making decisions was the painful part for me, the part I agonized over. But once the decision was made, I simply followed through--usually with relief that the choice was made. Sometimes the relief was tainted by despair...But it was still better than wrestling with the alternative.

How do I get better at making decisions? How do I minimize that period of agony? How do I alleviate the despair that exists even when the decision has been made?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like Nike says - Just do it! Learn by doing I guess. Make a conscious attempt to set a time limit for making a decision and then make one. So easy to say :)

BlueToYou said...

I think what helps me is to think of what the potential results are for inaction and the potential results for action. This doesn't help with like whether to have strawberry or chocolate ice cream, but sometimes knowing exactly how little or how much you have to lose by acting or not acting can help make the decision.