Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poetry Inspired by Real Life

I saw a mouse in my house,
It gave me quite a scare.
I wish I had a boyfriend,
So I could sleep elsewhere.

Alas, I don't:
Let out a scream,
Jumped into my bed,
And wished it was a bad dream.

That was no help,
But I did not cry:
Calmed myself down
And let out a sigh.

I put on my makeup
And packed my dance shoes,
Took the train to Lucky Bar
To forget the blues.

Yep, this really happened to me last night! I was sitting on my couch, talking to Jenn, when I saw a mouse run from underneath my TV cabinet, across the carpet and down by the AC unit! I screamed, and screamed, and screamed. Hopefully the maintenance people will be able to resolve this furry issue.

5 comments:

BlueToYou said...

dude they seriously need to do something about that!

Cindy said...

Want to borrow one of my cats for a while?

MandMStudio said...

Cute poem:)

Valeria said...

Oh what a great poem! Really, you are a good writer. Ask the apartment management re their pet policy. Especially about the unwanted pets such as mice.

RhodeyGirl said...

hilarious poem!