Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poetry Inspired by Real Life

I saw a mouse in my house,
It gave me quite a scare.
I wish I had a boyfriend,
So I could sleep elsewhere.

Alas, I don't:
Let out a scream,
Jumped into my bed,
And wished it was a bad dream.

That was no help,
But I did not cry:
Calmed myself down
And let out a sigh.

I put on my makeup
And packed my dance shoes,
Took the train to Lucky Bar
To forget the blues.

Yep, this really happened to me last night! I was sitting on my couch, talking to Jenn, when I saw a mouse run from underneath my TV cabinet, across the carpet and down by the AC unit! I screamed, and screamed, and screamed. Hopefully the maintenance people will be able to resolve this furry issue.


BlueToYou said...

dude they seriously need to do something about that!

Cindy said...

Want to borrow one of my cats for a while?

Maranda Marie Burke said...

Cute poem:)

Valeria said...

Oh what a great poem! Really, you are a good writer. Ask the apartment management re their pet policy. Especially about the unwanted pets such as mice.

RhodeyGirl said...

hilarious poem!