Tuesday, October 7, 2008

One man who is making me happy

No, I did not all of a sudden find a boyfriend...alas.

For the last 6 months, or maybe more, there has been a guy handing out Washington Post Express at Union Station. Every night, as I go to the Metro, he greets me with How are you doing Miss Lady? Have a good night!

I know he doesn't say that to me exclusively, but it seriously brightens up my day! One day I was leaving much earlier than usual, and he actually noticed and commented on that fact.

How nice it is that small human interactions like these can make one's day!

2 comments:

BlueToYou said...

since i drive now i don't get that interaction on my commute, but i always notice people i drive by who are always there at the same time on a road or something waiting for a bus. i wonder if they recognize me every morning.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That IS nice. ;-)

Paz