Monday, January 26, 2009

Savannah, Day 3: Monday, Jan 19, 2009

Paige left early Monday morning. I was very tempted to stay in bed and watch morning shows. And I did for a bit. But then I got hungry and decided I should get out of the hotel and get some food and explore the city.


The day was sunny, but cold. When I left the hotel, I saw a little boat "parked" on the river. Turned out it was a free ride down the river. I decided to hop on and travel on the water for 5 to 10 minutes. That's my boat on the left, and a picture taken on River Street on the right: it really reminds me of Montreal.




These two photos are some of my favorites: the brick road and a bright green door of an antique store. I think I might post a bunch of photos of doors I took during this trip!



I happened to stumble upon MLK parade. I'm sad to admit, but it was rather pitiful: there were hardly any people watching the parade, and those participating in it seemed less than thrilled to be there (the photos below are of the most enthusiastic participants).



I'm trying to figure out what it was that I did the rest of the day, but I really think I just had breakfast, lunch, and dinner :) Oh, and I did some shopping too. And had a nap back at the hotel and watched The Bachelor.

No comments: