Monday, January 26, 2009

Tourist in My Own City

Sometimes I forget how fun it is to be a tourist in your own town. This past Sunday I met up with Jason and "the ladies" for lunch at Chipotle (one of my favorite fast food restaurants) and then a trip to the Textile Museum. I'm not sure I knew this museum even existed (and I've lived in DC area for 7 years!).

I was really glad I had my camera with me and was able to take a few photos on the way. On the left is a very pretty (at least in my opinion) old door. Below is a super cute yellow car (an added bonus is that my friend Jenny is from Wisconsin, so I had to take the photo for her!).

The three photos at the end are of a fountain in the garden behind the Textile Museum. I can't wait to go back in the spring or summer to see how pretty that place is once the fountain is working and the flowers are at bloom. I think it'd be a beautiful place to have a wedding (I should find a groom first, of course).

Next time you are strolling around through your neighborhood, take your camera along and see what wonderful things you can discover on the way.


1 comment:

Pia K said...

Oh I love playing tourist in my own city, you know the language and it's easy to find your way home;) That fountain with it's detail is wonderful, so wouldn't mind having that in my garden, wouldn't mind at all...