Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Training Update

Hi, All.

Just wanted to let you know what's been going on with my training for the Avon Breast Cancer walk which is (OMG) in less than 2 weeks. How does time go by so quickly?

I really haven't done much training last week other than a few 1.5 mile walks and going dancing. Supposedly dancing counts as training, so I'll take it.

Then last Saturday, Christina and I met early for an EIGHTEEN mile walk! Yes, that's right, 18!

In Judaism, 18 is a lucky number. Well, I wasn't feeling entirely lucky during the 6.5 hours: the time it took us to walk 18 miles and have lunch. My feet were killing me, there were all these bikers yelling "on your left" and beeping at us as they were passing us by, and for a while I thought I wasn't going to be able to hold out till the next bathroom.........

...but then there were also great things about this training walk
1) It did not rain, like it did the Saturday before
2) I was doing the walk w/Christina, and not on my own: so there was a fun conversation to be had
3) There were more than just several attractive and fit dudes to look at
4) On the turn around point I found a $20 bill on the ground: LUNCH money!
5) Despite everything, we made it: we walked 18 miles!

Here's to hoping that the actual walk goes well and without any injuries and that we inspire many other people to sign up for 2010 walk and raise money to cure this disease!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow!!! Congratulations on that 18 mile walk! That's quite the acomplishment.