Monday, October 15, 2007

Dinner: Chili! The comfort food.

As soon as it gets chilly outside, I start craving chili! Jenny was the first one who taught me how to make it, so it makes me think of her too :) And this time I even used celery!

I usually make chili with ground beef or turkey, but this time decided to use cubed meat instead.

Directions: brown cubed meat in a bit of oil. Separately saute diced celery and onions in a big pot. Add a package of chili seasoning and cook for a few more minutes. Add browned meat, 2 drained and rinsed cans of beans (I used black and kidney), 1 drained can of corn and a large 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (with the juices). Bring to a boil, turn to low, cover and simmer for an hour or two :)
I love chili with cornbread, cheese, sourcream, green onions and sometimes a bit of salsa. It's also awesome for leftovers or potluck. You can serve it over rice or with a baked potato.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! I got mentioned in the blog!!