Saturday, February 2, 2008

Recycling & Beauty

I don't like throwing things away. In fact, I'm typing this instead of organizing my closet and figuring out which garments I could donate or throw away.

What I do like are candles! And I like the glass containers they come in. A while ago I decided that instead of throwing the glass jars away, I will remove any last hints of wax (after finishing up burning the entire candle), wash the glass jars and use them to store cotton balls and other bathroom things (but you can also use them in your office, kitchen, etc).

Here is another idea for using objects you already have in a new way. I bought this red bucket in World Market a few years ago. For those two years it housed a plant. A plant died, and now I'm using the bucket to store extra rolls of toilet paper. And it adds a bit of color to the bathroom.



Okay, I guess I'd better go and attack my closet ;)

No comments: