Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mango cupcakes

I love mangoes! I also love reading food blogs and last week happened to find Coconut & Lime blog where I found a recipe for mango-chile cupcakes. Today I decided to try out the recipe, but omitted the chile powder and added zest from a California Meyer lemon. Also, in the key lime cream cheese frosting recipe I substituted juice of a California Meyer lemon and added some lime zest.

I really like the frosting, and the cupcakes were super easy to make. I'm not sure if their texture is a bit too spongy because I accidentally added an entire stick of butter instead of just 6 tablespoons...Also, they are insanely sweet! If you try them, definitely cut down on sugar.

P.S. This cute plate is from Jenny! She also gave me two bigger plates that say Scrumptious.

No comments: