Sunday, April 27, 2008

Will work for food

Yesterday I spent about 8 hours with Cindy's family. The project was to help build some IKEA furniture. Since both of my parents are engineers, and Anna and I have been building things ever since we were little (be it wood blocks or Erector sets, and now my new hobbie of jewelry making) I was quite confident in my ability to be of service.

Then the movers came with gignormous boxes and my confidence level decreased quite a bit. Before starting on our projects and in order to gain some strenght, we all went to Fortune for dim sum! It was as delicious as ever.

Back at Cindy's, Laila was assigned to be my helper and together we built Ikea Tromso Loft Bed with a hanging table and shelf underneath. Laila was an amazing helper and we proved that girls can build things! By the time we were done, it was dinner time and I joined the Z family for some pizza! They even gave me a ride home and I also scored two sweatshirts: a great way to spend a day by helping out a friend and getting free food!

Who wants to hire me next?

No comments: