Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Misha in DC, last Day

Yesterday was Misha's last day in DC and I agreed to take a day off work, which was a great decision because their Internet was down the entire day!
After breakfast of Mark Bittman's chocolate chip pancakes, we went to the National Air & Space museum. This is my second time in the museum: the first time I went there on a date with a guy who was in the Airforce and referred to himself by his first name...weird!
I love this display: obviously I would not be a stewardess because it requires smiling :)
This was my favorite little plane: and it's made in Wisconsin!
This was my favorite artifact by far! How pretty!?
After the museum we headed to Smithsonian Castle and its little garden: pretty flowers!
And then it was time for lunch! I decided to take Misha to Ben's Chili Bowl: a DC institution in U Street District. I've only been there once about 4 years ago, and was looking forward to half-smokes!

Deliciousness! I also had potato salad.

On the way back to the Metro I saw a sign for this upcoming business (near Lucky Bar)...how totally cute?

At night I forced Misha to help me cook dinner, I ain't no one's slave :)
We made spaghetti with meatballs and cucumber/tomato/red onion/feta salad. He even had seconds!!!

Then I went dancing: really needed some time to myself and DeM was going to be there ;) a winning combination.

Misha left today at 6:30 am, and I have my place all to myself. And then Anna is "moving in" on Thursday until the end of July (minus the trip to Seattle).

1 comment:

Janet said...

Reminds me of http://picasaweb.google.com/JanetMartin83/AustinTX/photo#5224114510942091490