I just came back from an appointment with a root canal specialist. Let's see:
1) my mouth is so small (no jokes, please) that it hurts to take x-rays...can they not invent a device that doesn't have to be stuck inside your mouth?
2) I now will be a lucky recipient of two root canals, each taking approximately two appointments
3) one of the root canals has three roots, instead of the typical two: lucky me
4) after the root canals are finished, I'm going to have two crowns: again, at least two appointments per crown
5) I cried like a child and am now sitting in my cubicle with my sunglasses on because my eyes are red shot (is that the expression?)
I've already paid $188 x 2, plus $65 consultation fee, not to mention time off work, pain, Metro fees, frustration, tears (LOTS of tears: I cry like a baby). Looking forward to paying at least $980/root canal and an additional $600/crown.
Yes, I realize there are wars going on and people are dying from cancer and AIDS, and are left homeless from the natural disasters. Yes, I realize that at least I have a job and insurance, but this is not the way I want to spend my savings, not to mention pain, tears, and constant waiting at the dentists' offices (...why? why can't they actually start your appointment at the time they schedule it?).
I really wish I could blame someone or break something or pay for this whole thing to magically disappear.