Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Handles for an Old Bag

A few months ago I made new handles for my old bag using a fabric belt. Well, unfortunately, the fabric got really dirty, and I don't think I can wash it.

Tonight, I had no plans, other than going to the library and eating dinner. I took out a sewing machine I'm keeping while Anna is in school and a bag of scrap fabric. I've had the fabric for over a year. It came from a project I did with Nicole right before her wedding. Nicole wanted to put fabric covers on the lids of jam jars she was giving away as favors after the wedding reception. After cutting out a zillion circles, I decided to keep the scraps because the pattern was so pretty.

Tonight I sewed together several scraps and made new handles for my bag. LOVE it! Not sure how long they'll last, but they'll do for now.

3 comments:

BlueToYou said...

oooo i like the paisely :) maybe you could scotch guard the fabric before you put it in the handles?

Unknown said...

i like. did you fix the sewing machine?

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm impressed cause I can't do this. ;-)

Paz